Monday, September 9, 2013

Potty Training Update

Potty training has had its ups and downs, but things are looking better. So many fewer accidents. More times of telling me you need to go. And actually using restrooms around town: Lowe's, Chick-fil-A, etc. Good progress!

I'm still a little unsure about rest time. Almost two hours, playing alone in your room... never actually resting. Yet mysteriously, always peeing.

The first day you insisted on wearing panties, I left your training potty in the bathroom and basically said, "Don't get me involved." I had no idea what would happen.

You actually used it, which was kinda amazing at that stage. But then... you took it upon yourself to dump it out in the sink. "I spilled it!" you told me. Yes. Yes, you did. But hey, you stayed dry, so I was pretty impressed. (Also, there was toilet paper unrolled everywhere. I suspect you couldn't tear it off.)

The next day you wanted to wear a diaper. I figured this solved the problem. It did not.

I found you dancing naked on your bed. Apparently, the diaper became wet. So you took it off. You found panties and put them on. They became wet. So you took them off and laid them next to the discarded diaper. No more panties could be found.

Day 3 I left the little potty. I left the toilet seat up, though I asked you not to dump it out. (yeah, right!) I left torn off pieces of tissue. Best. Day. Ever. You did pee. You did dump it out. But you did not spill it and the TP roll was safe.

So who knows what I'll find today. You're "resting" as I type. I forgot to put up the toilet lid or leave paper for you. So who knows.... We're getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment